Normally wine is aged for years but “Beaujolais Nouveau” is a red wine from the Beaujolais region of France where grapes are fermented for a just a few weeks before being sold and consumed.
Each year in France, beaujolais nouveau is released on the third Thursday in November.
The tradition has been kept alive here in San Antonio where beaujolais nouveau is one the most cherished annual events for the Alliance Française.
It’s an event that is celebrated with conversation, French food and of course, wine.
Thursday, November 17, 2016
6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
7701 Broadway Street
San Antonio, Texas 78209
6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
Tasting of Beaujolais Nouveau Wines
Dinner served with one glass of wine
Choice of Appetizers:
- Mousse de canard avec cornichons (duck mousse)
- Baked Brie and goat cheese in a pastry with spinach
- Oysters Casino
Choice of Entrees:
- Truite au parmesan with avocado relish and beurre blanc (Trout)
- Salmon au beurre blanc and capers
- Pork Schnitzel with linguini
- Poulet normand with calvados sauce and apples (Chicken)
- Greens with olive oil, lemon and tarragon
Choice of desserts:
- Creme brulee
- Sorbet aux fruits or Rum euphoria
- Members $50
- Non-member $55
- Student $35
You may also send a check to:
Alliance Francaise de San Antonio
(c/o Elizabeth Collet)
13710 Cape Bluff
San Antonio, Texas 78216
Your on-line payment or check is your reservation. Call 210-823-8439 for more information